In Devil Dog, Taz makes his first appearance being taken to a zoo, but he is soon released after a clueless guard lets him out. He soon finds his way to Bugs' house, and quickly makes enemies with Daffy, but he is taken in by Bugs, who mistakes him for a dog, calling him "Poochie". They both take him to Granny's house and ask her if Taz belongs to her, and while they are doing this, Taz sneaks into her house and tries to eat Sylvester and Tweety, but they escape him afterwards. Back inside Bugs' House, Taz eats parts of Daffy's recliner, getting Daffy to get upset. Bugs says Taz must be hungry and goes to the store for dog food, a dog collar, a dog house and even a dog sweater. When Bugs is gone, his house gets ruined after Taz goes crazy, but is shown by Speedy how to tame Taz, which is sucessful. Bugs then decides to enter him in a dog show. Taz's real identity is revealed as Daffy shows everyone his wanted poster, which causes a riot. Daffy later sees that Taz actually likes being Bugs' pet, and decides to pretend to be Taz to get from animal control away from them. Bugs returns Taz to Tasmania, but on the way back, Taz is sitting on the wing of the plane, following Bugs back home and accepting his new home. Back home, Taz is watching basketball on Daffy's recliner and when Daffy gets in the way, Taz twists and makes Daffy lose his feathers. Daffy then states that he'd rather sit on the couch.
In The Foghorn Leghorn Story, Taz is seen in Bugs' backyard, digging. Daffy warns him that if he continues to dig, he will regret it, but Taz continues anyway. Soon after Bugs and Yosemite Sam fall down in the hole Taz had created, Bugs asked him to fetch help, but instead, Taz went to sleep.
In Bugs & Daffy Get a Job, he appears briefly where he couldn't get any sleep when he heard Daffy's snore, so he put him back to his room and went back outside.
- In Looney Tunes, Taz's sclerae was originally white, instead of yellow. In his wild and untamed state, the sclerae in his eyes are red.
- Taz appears after the credits in Devil Dog, which is a reference to the ending of some classic Looney Tunes shorts.
- Instead of saying "Th-th-th-th-th-That's all folks," like Porky did, Taz didn't say anything except babbling unintelligibly.
- In the original Looney Tunes, he is an antagonist of Bugs, trying to catch and eat him.
- In Taz-Mania, Taz occassionally exibited doglike mannerisms, like scratching himself with his hindleg and tracking scents.